By submitting to Vita Brevis, you’re agreeing to our terms and conditions, listed below. These are subject to change, so check in whenever you have a new submission ready:
(1) By submitting your work, you are allowing us to disseminate it on any Vita Brevis-affiliated site (such as other social media pages), as well as re-publish it at our discretion if we choose it for an Editor’s Choice Award.
(2) Upon acceptance of any submission, you are allowing us to use the author name (be it a username, real name, or pen name) that you provided in your submission email, along with the link (if any) that you included to your personal or professional website, and the content (poem, article, review, or interview) that you sent.
(3) Poems will be published exactly as they appear in the PDF file that you sent, unless there are clearly unintentional grammatical mistakes. Interviews may be edited to correct grammatical or formatting errors. No substantive changes will be made. Ever. It’s your poem, after all.
(4) You are solely responsible for any of your submissions and any consequences of submitting them to Vita Brevis — especially if they have been published by any other outlet previously. Again, we do not accept previously published poems.
(5) By submitting your poetry, you are allowing Vita Brevis to publish it digitally on the Vita Brevis website. If it wins an Editor’s Choice Award, it may be featured in a physical or digital Editor’s Choice volume of Vita Brevis at some point in the future, but you will be contacted if this ever occurs.