WHAT DO YOU PUBLISH?
Vita Brevis publishes poetry, especially from unpublished or emerging poets. Don’t worry about reading fees, agents, or reading periods — all we ask is that submitters consider donating. We love short, subtle poems that have something authentic to say without belaboring the point. Every poem we’ve ever liked is on our homepage.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY POETRY SUBMISSION IS ACCEPTED?
I respond to every single poetry submission, whether it’s accepted or not. If I don’t get back to you within two months, let me know in a new email titled “Follow-Up.” To withdraw poems, reply to your existing poetry submission email.
POETRY MAGAZINE SUBMISSION | Vita Brevis Press
- Read our Terms and Conditions
- Compose an Email to email@example.com
- Subject Line: General Submission
- 1) An author or pen name
- 2) A short third-person bio (under 60 words).
- 3) Up to four poems as text in your email | or | a single PDF attachment.
- And then…
- Vita Brevis doesn’t believe in reading fees, so we need your support. Most submitters don’t, but a handful do. Consider joining them. Let’s pay it forward, and keep art accessible. Press the “Support” button below. Alternatively, check out the Rare Book Room.
ANY OTHER PUBLICATION OPPORTUNITIES?
Absolutely. I team up with Vita Brevis poets on other projects, like our two #1 bestselling anthologies. I’m planning another one, so join the newsletter below to keep tabs on calls for new poetry submissions!
ENTER THE RARE BOOK ROOM.
Teeming with unforgettable literary gifts for others or yourself, the Vita Brevis Rare Book Room is now open. From authentic pieces of American history to first edition Hemingways, Steinbecks, and more.